New mental health text line - HEAR 85258
A new mental health free text messaging support service has launched in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to help those who are struggling to cope.
Launched by NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough and in partnership with the national service SHOUT, the free to use text service HEAR 85258 provides real-time support to people of all ages who are struggling with their mental health.
When texting the word HEAR to 85258, the person will be connected to a trained volunteer who will take them from a place of crisis to a place of calm. During the confidential and anonymous conversation, the texter will be supported and signposted to local and national mental health services.
Texting HEAR to 85258 is free, discreet and runs 24/7. It won’t appear on any bills and requires no app, data, password, or registration. It is available for anybody who lives, works, or studies in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
For more information about what mental health services are available in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, visit Keep Your Head Mental Health Service (keep-your-head.com)
If you feel your or somebody’s life is at risk due to their mental health, dial 111 and listen for the option for the mental health crisis team.
- The FoodBank is OPEN between 10:00am and 2:00pm on a Monday and again on a Thursday.
- If you cannot afford food and have difficulty obtaining a voucher then please contact the FB on 01480 277 239 during Open Sessions.
- There is a voicemail when the FoodBank is closed - leave your name, a short message explaining the situation briefly and a contact number.
- You can email email@example.com giving name, contact telephone number and brief details of circumstances.
- Emails are monitored and may be passed on elsewhere to be dealt with.